GROW YOUR SKILLS & SHARE YOUR WORK
The Health Fund is aware that conferences, organizations, and individuals are all reconsidering plans due to COVID-19, and we encourage people to put health and safety first.
We know professional development is not always part of the budget, but opportunities for professional development, networking, and sharing knowledge are key to innovation and replication—and innovation and replication are easier when organizations share what works, and how it works. Organizations that would otherwise not have the means to attend professional conferences are invited to apply for the Health Fund’s Attend/Present Scholarship. We welcome applicants who will use conference attendance to help build networks, inform thinking, shape projects, raise professional awareness, set the stage for future work, or build the field as related to the Health Fund’s mission. All current and past Health Fund grant recipients are invited to apply. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To be considered for funding, applicants must complete and submit an online application a minimum of four weeks before the conference start date. The Health Fund will notify each applicant of their scholarship decision within three weeks of online submission. The Health Fund may also ask scholarship recipients to share their experiences via a written report within two weeks of the conference.
- Conferences must have a direct connection to health or the work of the Health Fund.
- Applicants must be current or past grantees or key partners on grants funded by the Health Fund.
- Conferences may be at the state, regional, or national level, but conferences located outside of the United States will not be considered.
- Scholarships of up to $2,000 per person will be available for up to two attendees of each organization (a maximum of $4,000). Scholarship funding will be used to cover the costs of registration fees, travel, lodging, and incidentals for attendees while at the conference. Indirect costs will not be considered.
- Applicants will be eligible for a one-time, nonrenewable award in this area. Funding from this award may not be used to cover conference or other related travel expenses that are already being supported through another funding source.
- Applicant is not eligible for more than one conference scholarship per year and may not apply to attend the same conference over consecutive years.
Conferences that may be considered:
- Age + Action Conference
- Aging in America Conference
- American Evaluation Association (AEA) Conference or AEA Summer Institute
- American Public Health Association Conference Annual Meeting and Expo
- Association for Community Health Conference
- CHOICES Conference
- Closing the Hunger Gap Conference
- Health Disparities Conference
- National Alliance on Mental Illness National Convention
- National Council for Behavioral Health National Conference (NatCon)
- National Anti-Hunger Policy Conference
- National Food Policy Conference
- Rural Child Hunger Summit
- Rural Health Conference
- Society of Public Health Education Annual Conference
- Tribal Public Health Conference
Conferences that will only be considered if presenting on a Health Fund grant:
- Council of Michigan Foundations
- Grantmakers in Aging
- Grantmakers in Health
- Other conferences for grantmakers
Events/conferences that will not be considered:
- TED Med